John Marshall is an avid and talented chef. Marshall began his now 35-year food service career at Beattie Tech where he claimed 1st place in the state cooking competition (1978). He started running his first kitchen at age 20 and hasn’t looked back since. After having worked for Marriot Corporation and other banquet facilities, Marshall went into business for himself with Bogie’s Den (1993-2000), a local family restaurant.
Throughout his career, Marshall has showcased his talents to the likes of Presidents, First Ladies, and various state and local politicians. His true passion though lies with serving the residents of South Western PA with his Gibsonia-based catering company John Marshall Catering.
John Marshall Catering has received numerous awards over the years. Just to list a few:
- Best of the Best – Chef Tasting Party and Auction 2015 – Best Appetizer
- Golden Anchor Gala 2015
- People’s Choice Award 2012 & 2013 – Best Appetizer
- Cocktails & Cuisine 2008 – 2015 Judge’s Overall Favorite (7 years in a row!!)
- Glass Slipper Ball 2013 – 2014
- Best Caterer in the North Hills (2009 – 2010)
- 1st Place Appetizer – Catering Division (2011)
- 1st Place Veggie Throw Down – Catering Division (2010)
- Reader’s Choice Bronze Award 2008 by Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
John Marshall Catering is in business to please the palates of everyone with our “gourmet to down-home cooking.”